Controller Job in New York, New York : NY
Looking for Controller Jobs? See currently available Controller job openings on controller.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
controller.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any controller job . We provide job resources for Controller positions throughout the industry. controller.jobs.net also provides Controller jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Controller by either city or state.
controller.jobs.net is a controller job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Controller jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your controller job search on controller.jobs.net today.
Junior Credit Controller - 6 Month Contract
Junior Credit Controller - 6 Month Contract Job Description
BuroHappold is an award winning international Consulting Engineering firm with offices around the globe.
We have an immediate need for a Junior Credit Controller based in our New York Office.
Are you an organized and a meticulous individual, able to work in a demanding professional services environment and remain calm under pressure?
If so then this is a great opportunity for you!
Junior Credit Controller will be mainly responsible for the ‘debt lifecycle’ (risk assessment, tracking, through to escalation for debt recovery) as well as the maintenance of the Accounts Receivable Ledger for the engineering design projects of the US business of BuroHappold.
What will I be doing?
- Management and collection of overdue debts via telephone and correspondence.
- Provide in depth ‘Aged Debt’ analysis for the Business Unit. This should include collections comments, monthly debt movement and a general summary of the Business Unit collection performance for distribution to Project Directors and Managing Director.
- Perform credit checks on new and existing clients and provide risk analysis on their creditworthiness to the relevant Project Principals (PP).
- Adhere to guidelines set out in the region’s collections matrix to accurately manage the collection process.
- Liaise closely with key personnel within the US Region and develop close working relationships with Project Leaders and Project Directors.
- Continually monitor the debt portfolio and alert the Finance Team, PPs and Managing Director (MD) of any adverse developments or successful collections.
- Possess an understanding and good judgement of the options available to a credit controller once a debt is escalated.
- Liaise closely with the Finance Team to assist in converting Work In Progress into invoicing.
- Act as a focal point to alert engineers of queries raised on invoices and see through to a timely resolution and ultimately payment.
- Undertake client account reconciliations and statement preparation where required.
- Maintain client credit and collection history records.
- Assist the Finance team with day-to-day cash maintenance.
- Complete debt/WIP/invoicing ad-hoc reports as required
New York Controller Job
Junior Credit Controller - 6 Month Contract Job Requirements
What will I bring to the role?
- Prior experience working in a credit control function is a plus, but not required.
- A personality to influence Project Directors and Project Leaders to achieve the desired outcome.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Customer service focused.
- Risk aware, can interpret a set of basic Financial Accounts.
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to adhere to and enforce policies.
- Working knowledge of excel.
- Organized and methodical approach to tasks.