Controller Job in Savannah, Georgia : GA 31408
Looking for Controller Jobs? See currently available Controller job openings on controller.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
controller.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any controller job . We provide job resources for Controller positions throughout the industry. controller.jobs.net also provides Controller jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Controller by either city or state.
controller.jobs.net is a controller job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Controller jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your controller job search on controller.jobs.net today.
Controller Job Description
1596 Chatham Parkway, Savannah, GA 31408
10 Years Experience Required
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Grainger Honda – an award-winning and proven successful auto dealer in the Savannah, GA area, is looking for an energetic, organized equally successful individual to assume the financial reporting duties of their dealerships. CPA certification preferred and good working knowledge of CDK and other related software programs a must. Previous experience in dealership accounting is preferred. The job description is listed below.
Controller - Job Description:
Executive responsible for the financial control of the company.
Manages the financial planning and accounting procedures of the dealership, as well as its relations with credit institutions, shareholders and the financial community. Regularly reports to the owner/vice president on the exact financial position of the entire dealership. Submits analyses of sales and expenditures. Submits a report on the dealership’s financial position, develops control systems to facilitate efficient business operations, keeps accurate records and implements and maintains data processing systems, in order to attain the dealer’s objectives.
The MAJOR TASKS are listed below, but the incumbent may be assigned to other duties.
Controller - Job Responsibilities:
- Controls and manages dealership activities, such as the cash flow, the preparation of the budget, auditing of the books of accounts, purchases, fixed assets and insurance.
- Cooperates with the owner/vice president in long-term planning, cash flow management and the allocation of funds.
- Keeps in touch with financial institutions regarding lines of credit and fund management.
- Analyzes, consolidates and manages all methods for determining costs, as well as other statistical and routine reports.
- Analyzes studies of general economic, business and financial conditions, as well as their repercussions on the dealership’s policies and operations.
- Supervises and manages the production of the dealership’s annual report.
- Evaluates the dealership’s financial position and issues regular financial and operating reports.
- Keeps in close touch with the public accounting firm, to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and the maintenance of the dealership’s financial structure, in such a way as to derive maximum tax benefits.
- Supports the owner/vice president in managing cash flows and following up on ongoing contracts and accounts receivable.
- Works with the owner/vice president in preparing the financial forecasts and budgets for each outlet or department, where applicable.
- At the request of the owner/vice president, represents the dealer both within the dealership and with respect to external activities.
- Prepares the detailed monthly financial statements, in keeping with the dealer’s instructions and the manufacturer’s time frame and format. Ensures that all the manufacturer’s accounts are up-to-date and accurate, in particular those concerning warranty claims, discounts, interest rate protection and industry advertising.
- Negotiates and supervises the various supplier contracts (data processing, snow removal, telecommunications, etc.).
- Regularly analyzes financial reports and the daily control of operations, and notifies the dealer of developing trends.
- Establishes an account collection policy and supervises the follow-up of accounts receivable.
- Issues detailed financial statements and management reports for the department managers.
- Maintains an efficient cash flow management system, to provide for cash needs, and makes recommendations for the profitable use of surplus cash.
- Manages the evaluation of the amortization rates applicable to the fixed assets.
- Analyzes the ledger and the accounts recorded. Notes any unusual entries and verifies them.
- Reviews the reconciliation of the accounts in the general ledger with external resources, in order to ensure that the bank reconciliation, the reserve accounts, the accounts payable to the manufacturer and inventory financing are accurate.
- Keeps up-to-date on amendments to the Income Tax Act and notifies the owner/vice president of any operational adjustments required.
- Ensures compliance with all government financial regulations, in particular those regarding forms to be completed or kept, consumption taxes and deposits, income tax, pension plan registers, etc.
- Constantly takes endeavors to improve the accuracy of information and the methods by which it circulates within the dealerships.
- Takes part in management meetings, providing the documents required for such meetings to proceed smoothly.
- Meets with each department manager/director once a month, to examine the financial statements, and stresses any situation in need of improvement.
- Approves adjustments to the inventory accounts.
OUR BENEFITS ARE THE BEST!
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Leave
Savannah Controller Job
Controller Job Requirements
Controller - Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field
- Ten years of progressive accounting experience in an automotive dealership or similar environment
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage accounting staff
- Strong attention to detail
- CPA preferred
- Stable work history
All applicants must pass pre-employment testing.
We are an equal opportunity employer.