Controller Job in Fort Lauderdale, Florida : FL
Looking for Controller Jobs? See currently available Controller job openings on controller.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
controller.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any controller job . We provide job resources for Controller positions throughout the industry. controller.jobs.net also provides Controller jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Controller by either city or state.
controller.jobs.net is a controller job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Controller jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your controller job search on controller.jobs.net today.
Corporate Controller ($150K-$180K Plus Bonus)
Corporate Controller ($150K-$180K Plus Bonus) Job Description
The Corporate Controller will ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data and be responsible for implementing and maintaining appropriate internal controls. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for the direction and management of all accounting and financial activities in a manner designed to protect assets, meet deadlines, provide accurate, timely and insightful reporting results for internal and external use, plan for the financial needs of the company and provide accounting and operational guidance to the organization. The Corporate Controller will work with the management team to foster a professional, supportive and positive work environment and provide the operational support needed for their growing company. This person is viewed as a partner to the CFO and will be a member of senior leadership team and have direct and frequent interaction with senior management of the company.
- Setting accounting policies taking into consideration the objectives of the Company and ensuring that such policies are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and sound internal control practices
- Preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements and associated detailed variance analyses.
- Leading the month-end close of the general ledger to ensure timeliness and accuracy of the process and associated reporting.
- Existence/Occurrence/Validity: Only valid or authorized transactions are processed.
- Presentation and disclosure: Accounts and disclosures are properly described in the financial statements of the organization.
- Authorization of transactions – review of particular transactions by an appropriate person.
- Retention of records – maintaining documentation to substantiate transactions.
- Supervision or monitoring of operations – observation or review of ongoing operational activity.
- Develop and manage the production of monthly financial and operational performance metrics and dashboards to better analyse all areas of the business and provide timely information for decision support.
- Work closely with Senior Management in providing required financial reports, and ad-hoc requests with a high sense of urgency.
- Ensure that billings, collections and credit functions operate efficiently and effectively to reduce exposure, maintain/improve DSO, and support the needs of our external and internal customers.
- Ensure accounting records are in conformity with US GAAP.
- Ensure the preparation and organization of work papers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Ensure the review and recording of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Leadership of all accounting processes and personnel.
- Ensure the maintenance of fixed asset records
- Continuously improve accounting processes to enable additional acquisitions while improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of ongoing activities.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Ensure proper Purchase Accounting for acquired companies (estimate of 10 over three years) and appropriate integration.
- Coordinate and provide information for the annual financial audit with the company’s outside CPA firm
- Ensure the preparation and organization of work papers in support of the annual tax return prepared by the company’s outside CPA firm
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment to ensure efficiency and employee safety
- Interact and communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, peers, staff and the Management Team; develop and maintain cross-functional working relationships and work in cooperation with management team to effectively meet departmental objectives.
- Demonstrate good judgment by reacting to unsafe acts or conditions by making them safe or reporting them to those who can correct them, and documenting the correction
- Direct Reports include Assistant Corporate Controller, Corporate Accounting Manager and Accounting Manager – AP/AR.
Fort Lauderdale Controller Job
Corporate Controller ($150K-$180K Plus Bonus) Job Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance and CPA are required, MBA preferred.
- 3 plus years of public accounting experience.
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years in financial/accounting positions exhibiting increasing responsibilities with the right balance of experience in public accounting, publically traded company(s) and privately held company(s), including experience as the Controller of a growing organization.